Thursday, December 12, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday - Sell That Book!

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! This is a blog hop that allows bloggers to gain new followers and find some awesome new blogs to follow themselves!

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host has a blog that they feature each week!

So, if you're a blogger, come join in on the fun!

Here's today's question -

Bookselling Time: Go to your biggest bookcases. Go to the second shelf from the top and pick out the sixth book from the left. Hardsell that book to us – even if you haven’t read it or if you hated it. (if you don’t have bookcases, don’t have six books on one shelf, etc, pick a book at random)

Okay, I really wanted to cheat on this one.  Because, here's the thing, the sixth book on my second shelf is a random book that I picked up at a library sale years ago (as part of the "fill your bag for $5" thing) and I'm not even sure why I picked it up except for the fact that it's fantasy.  I thought maybe I could get some help on Goodreads and found that it got dismal reviews.  But, I am NOT a cheater (or a quitter), so I'm giving it my all anyway!  :-)  


Title: The Bastard King
Author: Dan Chernenko
Release Date: 2004

Summary from Goodreads: Since the Scepter of Mercy was lost from Avornis, the kingdom has been at risk from its magic-using neighbors. King Lanius and King Grus retrieved the Scepter in a tale of great triumph and adventure. But the true story of their dual reign has never been told. Until now...
You DEFINITELY need to read this awesome epic fantasy book!  I mean, it says right on the cover of my copy that Dan Chernenko is "A brilliant new talent" so it must be true.  And the idea of a dual reign sounds really intriguing, right?  With names like Lanius and Grus, they've got to be fantastic kings.  I'm really interested to find out what this Scepter of Mercy is and what these magic-using neighbors are doing over there. So be sure to pick this one up soon and let me know how much you love it ... I'll be sure to read it just as soon as I hear your glowing reviews!

(Surreptitiously places book into donation box).  

Follow on Bloglovin 

I prefer to be followed via Bloglovin', but another way will work if you don't do Bloglovin'.