Sunday, March 2, 2014

March Random Read - Severed Colours by Dawna Raver & Angelfall by Susan Ee

It's time for my March Random Read (a fun meme hosted by I'm Loving Books). The idea is to pick one random book from your Goodreads To-Read list (using Random.org) to read within the month.  

As I mention every month, I am in love with this meme!  This is such a great way to make sure that I actually read some of those books that have been in my TBR list for eons.

Again, this month I limited my Random Read choices to books that I actually own since I have so many of them that I've been wanting to read.  (I did this by just creating a Random Reads shelf on Goodreads).


My February Random Reads pick was awesome!  It was Waterborn by Kimberly James.  You can check out my review here.


Random Reads Meme – Hosted by ImLovingBooks.com

This month, I chose two winners.  Why, you ask?  Because I had Random.org pick out my first choice the night before last and was so excited about it that I immediately read the book!  I already finished it last night.  

Except there's a little problem.  Look at the picture below and see if you can find my mistake ...



Did you catch that?  Um, Random.org chose book #68 and I read book #63!  I actually didn't even notice it until I went to go post this!!  (I've been sick this week, and obviously delirious!)  Oh well, since I read that one so quickly I was thinking of choosing a second book for this month anyway.  So here's book #63:

#63 - Severed Colours by Dawna Raver  
(Colour Wielders #2)

Synopsis:


Warning: This book is not your mother's fantasy. If you thought Arik Morgaine was hot in Colour Wielders, wait until you see him now. He's had a taste of Quinn and now he'll do whatever it takes to keep her even if it means crossing the line between right and wrong. Don't let the cover fool you. This book is hot!

The epic continues… 

Quinn Sinclair trusted Arik Morgaine until he betrayed her. Scared and alone, she finds herself delivered into the hands of the evil Morgana le Fay. When Quinn discovers Morgana's plans are beyond demented and seriously depraved—making life with the Changeling seem like a day at the beach—she wonders if death is a better option?

Arik Morgaine vowed he'd save Quinn no matter the price. When his well thought out plans go terribly awry, a desperate and heartbroken Arik is forced to beg the cruel Triarchia for help. Unwilling to go on without his Älskling, he answers a question that irrevocably alters their lives.

Can Arik and Quinn find a way back to each other, or will the price of saving her rip them apart forever?


I loved the first book in this series and was really excited to read the second one.  When I contacted the author about participating in my Blogoversary Giveaway (which she graciously agreed to!), she also sent me a copy of book #2 in the series.  Like I said, when this book came up as my choice (or at least when I thought it did), I got so excited that I picked it up and started reading it immediately!  I'll be posting my review soon!


Random Reads, Take 2

Hmmm.... Let's try that again, shall we?  Here's my REAL Random Reads selection for this month:



Oh, and look at that, the numbers actually match.  What a novel idea!

#68 - Angelfall by Susan Ee  

Synopsis:



It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Recommended for ages 16 and up.


I won a paperback of this book a couple of months ago.  I've heard great things, so I'm really looking forward to reading it!  I'll let you all know what I think!!