Saturday, March 29, 2014

Need BEA Advice!! Pretty please!


I'm hoping to be able to go to BEA this year, but I haven't set anything up yet because I'm nervous about the details.  
  • So, is anyone else going this year?  Have you gone in past years?  (Know someone else who has?  Send them over here, please!)
  • How easy is it to get around?  
  • What hotel should I get a room at?  (Is there anything that won't cost me an arm and a leg?  Anyone looking for a roommate?)
  • Are there specific events that I should definitely get to?  Anything I should skip?
  • Any other advice you can give me?  I know there's other stuff I should be asking, but I don't know where to start!
I appreciate any advice anyone can give me - I need that kick in the pants so that I'll make that final leap and just go!  I really, really want to!!  (But I'm nervous!  :-)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so new to this I had to look up what this event even was...it would soooo cool to go to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me last year. People talked about BEA and I had no idea what they were talking about!

      Delete
  2. BEA sounds so amazing!! I've never been, but would love to go sometime. I sprung this year for plane/hotel/ticket to go to the Barbara Vey Readers' Luncheon in Milwaukee in April. It'll be my first readers' event, and I am so excited! You should definitely go to BEA if you have the chance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I hadn't heard of that - and Milwaukee is really close to me. I think I might sign up - if so I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. Nicole, I will tell you what I always tell my kids: Try everything at least once. If you are able to go to BEA, don't sweat the small stuff. GO GIRL!!!!

    ReplyDelete