Friday, March 7, 2014

Feature & Follow Friday - Old Favorites

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! This is a blog hop that allows bloggers to gain new followers and find some awesome new blogs to follow themselves!

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host has a blog that they feature each week!

So, if you're a blogger, come join in on the fun!

Here's today's question -

Recommend some of your favorite back-list books – books that are at least a few years old (I’m thinking 5-10 years old rather than classics)

This is a fun one!  Okay, here are some of my old favorites (one of these is older than 10 years, but still not really a classic!)  I'm trying to avoid books that absolutely everyone has already heard of.  So, here goes:
  • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta - This is an awesome epic fantasy that I just recently read.  Lots of people had recommended it, (but I don't think it's one of those that everybody knows about) and I'm so glad I jumped on board!
  • Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb - This is another fantasy selection.  Pretty much anything by Robin Hobb is amazing, but this is the book that started it all!  If you love fantasy, you should definitely check these books out!
  • Unwind by Neal Shusterman - The ultimate dystopian.  This is a book that will make you think!
  • Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - This book is about a crazy tough topic and it will rip your heart to shreds - I LOVED it!!
Follow on Bloglovin 

I prefer to be followed via Bloglovin', but another way will work if you don't do Bloglovin'.