Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year
In the order I read them (click on the link to be brought to my review):
- The Boys of Summer by C.J. Duggan - (Along with the rest of the books in the series, but especially this first one). This book just really struck me for some reason and brought me back to my own teenage years. One of the best contemporary romances I've read - I loved it!!
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta - This book reminded me of why I love epic fantasy. I've heard that the next book is even better and plan to read that one very soon.
- American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin - Her other books were fantastic too, but somehow American Girl just holds a special place in my heart. It's a sweet romance, and I loved it!
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - This book gave such a realistic insight into how someone (especially a teen) can feel so alienated that they don't believe they can get through life.
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay - This story was amazing and moving in so many ways!
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - I LOVED the fact that there was a soundtrack that went along with this book. Since much of the book revolved around the main characters writing songs together, this was just completely perfect. Listening to the songs brought so much more emotional impact to this book!
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman - I was fascinated with reading a book about someone in Hitler's inner circle and how she gradually realized that he was not all she thought he was.
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson - I think the reason that this book has stuck with me so much was because of how thoroughly it surprised me! I was completely fooled by something major - I love it!!
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufmann and Meagan Spooner - I absolutely loved this sci-fi/fantasy book and I think I loved book #2 (This Shattered World) even more - though I haven't written a review for that one yet. Need to jump on that soon!
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker - This book was beautifully written and was a masterful blend of historical fiction and fantasy.