Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Random Read - Colors Like Memories by Meradeth Houston

It's time for my January Random Read (a fun meme hosted by I'm Loving Books). The idea is to pick one random book from your Goodreads To-Read list (using Random.org) to read within the month.  

As I mention every month, I am in love with this meme!  This is such a great way to make sure that I actually read some of those books that have been in my TBR list for eons.

Again, this month I limited my Random Read choices to books that I actually own since I have so many of them that I've been wanting to read.  (I did this by just creating a Random Reads shelf on Goodreads).


Last month I fell a bit behind and didn't manage to participate in Random Reads.  In fact, I just read and reviewed my November random pick this past month!  My pick for November was Athena's Daughter by Juli Page Morgan and I totally should have read it sooner because I loved it!  You can check out my review here.


Random Reads Meme – Hosted by ImLovingBooks.com



And this month's winner is...




#4 - Colors Like Memories by Meradeth Houston

Synopsis:

Julia has a secret: she killed the guy she loved. It was an accident—sort of.

Julia is a Sary, the soul of a child who died before taking her first breath. Without this 'breath of life' she and others like her must help those on the verge of suicide. It's a job Julia used to enjoy, until the accident that claimed her boyfriend’s life—an accident she knows was her fault. If living with the guilt weren't enough, she's now assigned to help a girl dealing with the loss of her mother, something Julia's not exactly the best role model for. If she can't figure out a way to help her, Julia's going to lose her position in the Sary, something she swore to her boyfriend would never happen.


I saw this book on a blog awhile back (I really need to start making note of where, so I can give credit where credit is due!) and it sounded so unique and interesting that I just had to buy it.  I am VERY excited to be reading this one!!  Hope it lives up to my expectations!