Thursday, January 9, 2014

Feature & Follow Friday - Blogger Resolutions

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! This is a blog hop that allows bloggers to gain new followers and find some awesome new blogs to follow themselves!

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host has a blog that they feature each week!

So, if you're a blogger, come join in on the fun!

Here's today's question -

Resolutions: Put together your blogger resolution list for all of us to see!

I posted these recently for the New Year's Challenge, but here they are again in case you missed them:


1. Create a Feature (or Two)

I've had an idea for a feature that I've wanted to run on my blog for quite some time now, but I never seem to get myself coordinated enough to actually put it together.  This year it's happening!  I'd like to do something along the lines of "My Bookworthy Life" and compare some of the events in my young adult life to the YA books we all read - you know, things like first crush, first kiss, first real boyfriend, etc.  I love thinking about what type of book heroine I would have been and whether or not parts of my real life would have been "bookworthy".  What do you guys think?  Sound fun or just weird?

2. Promote My Editing

This is only partially related to blogging, but I'm putting it here anyway.  I started editing this year, but really haven't promoted my services much.  I LOVE editing (I'm one of those strange people who read The Copyeditor's Handbook from cover to cover and loved every minute of it), so I definitely want to do more!  Gotta get myself out there!

3. Ease Up on Review Tour Spots

I love doing book tours, but I'm finding that I don't have time to read all of the other books that I really want to read because I overbook myself a bit.  So, I'm going to try really hard not to book so many review tour spots.  (I'm already finding this hard, though - I keep seeing books that look really good, so I can't help myself and I sign up for the tours!)

4. Learn More About HTML and Design

I really want to get better at the design (and HTML) aspect of my blog.  Not that I want to change my overall blog design (which I love), but I want my individual posts to look prettier.  I've learned a lot in this past year, but I need to know MORE!
Hope 2014 is good to everyone!!

Follow on Bloglovin 

I prefer to be followed via Bloglovin', but another way will work if you don't do Bloglovin'.