Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Top Ten Recommendations ...


Today's Top Ten Tuesday is:



Top Ten Books I'd Give to Readers Who've Never Read ...

New Adult
  1. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - I think this is my favorite New Adult book ever, and it's a good way to ease into NA reading for those who aren't looking for something too incredibly spicy.
  2. Girls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer - This was one of my first NA reads, and I so loved it that I constantly recommend it to everyone. Something about this book just struck a nerve with me. I LOVE it!!
Fantasy
  1. The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb - Pretty much anything Robin Hobb writes is masterful, but this was the trilogy that started it all, many eons ago. I will forever hold a place in my heart for this series - and for all of the books that came after (Hobb is releasing the first book in a new companion series next week!).
  2. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson - This one is a much more recent fantasy novel - in fact it just came out in July.  I was blown away by this book and it reminded me why I love fantasy!
Dystopian
  1. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - Yeah, I know, this one's kind of obvious. But if you haven't read any dystopian, this is the first one I'd recommend. Can't help it if it's true.
  2. The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver - If someone's not sure if dystopian is for them, this trilogy might be a good place to start because it's not too terribly heavy. Plus, it has a really interesting concept!
YA Contemporary
  1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Again, this was one of my first YA Contemporary reads. It's funny because I've actually rated other books higher, but this one still stands out in my mind. I think it's a perfect bridge into the YA Contemporary world.
  2. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay - This one is very different from my first selection in this category - much more serious and a bit darker. But, my, what an amazing book!
YA Paranormal
  1. The Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer - I absolutely adore this entire series and think that it's YA paranormal at it's best!!
  2. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead - The Vampire Academy series got me hooked on YA paranormal, so I have to recommend it to other genre newbies, right?
So, that's it.  What would you recommend?