Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Let's Discuss - Find a Co-blogger or Go It Alone?

Image courtesy of Master isolated images / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I've been thinking lately about soliciting a co-blogger for Feed Your Fiction Addiction, but I've kind of been waffling back and forth on it. On the one hand, it would be nice to take a little bit of the pressure off of myself, especially during times when I have an editing project or a vacation planned or something, but I'm a bit nervous about it. After all, this blog has been my baby for the past year-and-a-half and I've worked hard to make it what it is today. I'm proud of how much FYFA has grown in a relatively short amount of time, and I don't know for sure if I can give up my sense of control. I like the feeling of running "my" blog. Would that change too much if I brought someone else on?

Still, would the positives outweigh the negatives? Working with someone else would make the blog a bit less work (I'm not expecting anyone to take over 50/50 or anything). Plus, I could definitely use someone whose strengths would help make up for my weaknesses (social media, I'm looking at you).

So, some questions for you - if you are now or have ever co-blogged:

Did it work out or did problems arise? What types of problems should I expect?
Was it hard to coordinate who would do what when?
How hard was it to find a like-minded blogger who wanted to join your team?
Any other advice? What haven't I asked?

I appreciate any feedback at all. This feels like such a huge decision to me for some reason (which is why I'm hesitating).  


What do you think? Have you considered co-blogging? Done it? 
I want to know!