I just signed up with NetGalley and was approved for most of the books that I requested, so I thought this challenge would be perfect for me. It's hosted over at Red House Books. Since I'm starting halfway through the year, I think I'll aim for green star status (reading and reviewing 11-20 books in 2013). Hopefully this isn't too ambitious. I've been reading A LOT, but I've got lots of books besides the NetGalley books that I want to read. We shall see!
I'm also participating is a few challenges through Goodreads. Of course, there's just the standard 2013 reading challenge (I challenged myself to read 104 books in 2013, but I'm pretty far ahead of that goal, so I might up the number a bit). Then there's the the YA Book Club Quarterly Challenge. Here's are the requirements (all books have to be YA) and my list of books for that challenge:
2) Read a book that is a new release published in June, July or August of 2013. GoodReads offers lists of the most popular new releases by month, they might help you to make your choices – June, July or August. - Viral Nation
3) Read a book set in summer or that has a summery cover (beach and such). - When You Were Here
4) Read a book whose title starts with one of the letters of the word SUMMER. - Rush
5) Read a classic title- 1984 or Pride and Prejudice
6) Read a book with a cover that does not have a person on it - The Eternity Cure
7) Read a book that involves traveling – a road trip, a trip or moving to another state, country or continent. - Ink
8) Read a book that is funny - Team Human
9) Read an author's debut novel (a list of this year’s debut authors can be found here). - Insomnia
10) Read a book which is a 5-star favorite of one of your GoodReads friends. - Vain (thanks to Holly at Holly's Reading Hollow)
I'm considering doing the A-Z Challenge on Goodreads YA Book Club too. This is where you read a book that starts with each letter of the alphabet during the year (Letters Q, X and Z can be positioned anywhere in the titles or author names). Lots of challenges, but I think it makes reading even more fun!
For an update on how I'm doing on the Debut Author Challenge - check out my list HERE.