Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Covers I Wish I Could Redesign


Today's Top Ten Tuesday is:

Top Three Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

I actually had a really hard time with this one.  While there are plenty of bad covers out there, most of them are for books that I don't have any special love for so I wouldn't care enough to redesign them.  So, instead I'm just showing two covers I wish I could redesign and then showing some that have already been redesigned (and they're much better!)


  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I just never really got this cover.  It's a little too basic for me - and why clouds instead of stars?
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer - What's the significance of the red ribbon?  Am I forgetting something huge from the book?  I don't know, but this just looks dumb to me.
  • Girls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer - This book was SO good - on of my favorite NA books ever - and the cover just doesn't do it justice.  I would never pick this book up based on this boring cover. (Luckily, I read a raving review that convinced me it was worth reading, so I didn't miss out!)
Top Three Covers I'm Glad They Redesigned

  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - Do I really even need to explain why I didn't like the original?  Um, look at it.  Thank goodness they released an updated movie cover!
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I was never a fan of the original cover - it just looks a little cheesy to me and I wouldn't have picked the book up based on the cover (and yes, I DO judge a book by its cover).  Of course, after about a million people recommended it, I decided to give it a try.  I actually don't know if I LOVE the redesign either, but I do think it's an improvement.

  • The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa - This is kind of an odd one because I actually kind of love the look of the original cover, but it doesn't go terribly well with the cover for book #1 in the series and I don't quite know what the tree thingies are supposed to be representing.  The paperback cover matches better and makes a bit more sense, but it's not nearly as striking as the hardcover.  So, am I glad they redesigned it?  I don't know!
So, that's all I could come up with today.  I look forward to seeing everyone else's picks!